From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC]: Proxy-maintainer project
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 20:34:11
On 18 March 2010 20:09, Thomas Sachau <tommy@g.o> wrote:
> The next group of users are those, who actively maintain > their ebuild, also help other users and do this for a longer > time. Usually those users get a mentor offer sooner or later > and then become a Gentoo Developer.
Recruitment being the bottleneck that it is (with candidates waiting many months), it is good to have another option for people who want to contribute. In my personal experience proxy-maintenance is a good way into eventual devhood. There is no reason not to promote the possibility of proxy-maintenance. Cheers, -- Ben de Groot Gentoo Linux Qt project lead developer