From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] where to install source files for c++ templates
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 15:41:26
1 On Monday 13 February 2006 15:38, William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > I am working on version bumping app-accessibility/festival and
5 > app-accessibility/speech-tools.
6 >
7 > I can get them to build outside an ebuild fine, but I have found that
8 > festival #includes actual source files from speech-tools to instantiate
9 > c++ templates.
10 >
11 > If I keep speech-tools as a separate package, where should these source
12 > files be installed in the file system? /usr/share/speech-tools?
13 >
14 > The other option would be to not keep speech-tools as a separate
15 > ebuild, but have the festival ebuild build speech-tools then build and
16 > install festival.
17 >
18 > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
19
20 Templates should be defined in header files as they need to be evaluated
21 at usage time. Aparently those tools didn't really get that and made
22 them .cpp files. Treat them as header files anyway, because they should
23 be, and have to be included as header files, regardless of the name.
24
25 Paul
28 Paul de Vrieze
29 Gentoo Developer