From: Norberto BENSA <nbensa@×××.net>
To: Fredrik Jagenheim <humming@×××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avifile ebuild requires divx4linux and win32codecs on x86
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:10:31
nbensa@venkman ~ $ date ; echo ${Fredrik Jagenheim}
Tuesday 29 April 2003 06:15 am

> On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:18:35PM +0200, Jon Lech Johansen wrote: > > [eula from microsoft] > > How would you interpret 'applicable OS Software'?
Heh... I was asking the same question.
> OTOH, it > can also be interpreted as you need a windows license to use, install > or reproduce the codecs.
I think that's the spirit of the EULA. But I have a Windows 95 license, does it count? :-) Some where in the EULA posted by Jon, I read: "you need a Windows license and Windows running your system to be able to use this codecs." Maybe I'm wrong (IANAL) but read:
> > If you have multiple validly licensed copies of the > > applicable OS Product, you may reproduce, install and use one copy of > > the OS Components as part of such OS Product on all of your computers > > running validly licensed copies of the applicable OS Product provided > > that you use such additional copies of the OS Components in accordance > > with the terms and conditions above.
"... on all of your computers running validly licensed copies of the applicable OS..." Hmmmmm. Regards, Norberto