From: Norberto BENSA <nbensa@×××.net>
To: Fredrik Jagenheim <humming@×××××.com>, gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avifile ebuild requires divx4linux and win32codecs on x86
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 20:10:31
1 nbensa@venkman ~ $ date ; echo ${Fredrik Jagenheim}
2 Tuesday 29 April 2003 06:15 am
3
4 > On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 10:18:35PM +0200, Jon Lech Johansen wrote:
5 > > [eula from microsoft]
6 >
7 > How would you interpret 'applicable OS Software'?
8
9 Heh... I was asking the same question.
10
11 > OTOH, it
12 > can also be interpreted as you need a windows license to use, install
13 > or reproduce the codecs.
14
15 I think that's the spirit of the EULA. But I have a Windows 95 license, does
16 it count? :-)
17
18 Some where in the EULA posted by Jon, I read: "you need a Windows license and
19 Windows running your system to be able to use this codecs." Maybe I'm wrong
20 (IANAL) but read:
21
22 > > If you have multiple validly licensed copies of the
23 > > applicable OS Product, you may reproduce, install and use one copy of
24 > > the OS Components as part of such OS Product on all of your computers
25 > > running validly licensed copies of the applicable OS Product provided
26 > > that you use such additional copies of the OS Components in accordance
27 > > with the terms and conditions above.
28
29 "... on all of your computers running validly licensed copies of the
30 applicable OS..."
31
32 Hmmmmm.
35 Regards,