From: Grant Goodyear <g2boojum@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] cvsup and cm3
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 20:36:28
Dear all,
  Some weeks ago vapier mentioned to me that he had updated the cm3
ebuild, which he claimed meant that cvsup could now be compiled on all
architectures.  Several months ago I put together a preliminary doc on
how to set up cvsup clients and servers
(http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cvsup.xml), but it's not an area where I'm
an expert.  I was just hoping to get a proof-of-concept running so that
more knowledgeable folks could expand on it.  In principle running cvsup
servers would mean that we could once again mirror all of our cvs
directories (including the website), giving users better access than
having to wander through our viewcvs site, without suffering the
bandwidth hit that anoncvs generates.
  I don't have the time to work on this project right now.  Anybody
interested in taking it over?

Best,
g2boojum
--