From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan proof of concept (like debian's uscan)
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:43:54
1 On Tue, 2011-09-20 at 10:00 +0200, Corentin Chary wrote:
2 > On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 9:23 PM, Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > One integration that might also be useful is what we track on the ruby
5 > > wiki currently: https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/ruby/wiki/PendingBumps
6 > > which is a collection of quick notes on problems encountered while
7 > > bumping packages. The ability to attach notes to packages and to
8 > > acknowledge version bumps (and e.g. make them yellow instead of red)
9 > > could help with larger lists for herds.
10
11 > You can already use that page: http://euscan.iksaif.net/herds/ruby/
12
13 I think you missed my point. This page is more like what we have at
14 http://moving-innovations.com/~graaff/outdated-gems/ which is an
15 automated list based on what is in the tree and upstream. Your page is a
16 good replacement for that so we may just use that in the future.
17
18 What our wiki page does it keep *notes* on these bumps, so all of that
19 relies on manual input. (e.g. "we tried to bump this but it needs a new
20 dependency that we don't have yet.") The euscan page doesn't support
21 that yet. Arguably I should open bugs for each of these bumps, but that
22 seems like a lot of overhead for some quick notes.
23
24 Kind regards,
25
26 Hans