From: Sebastian Pipping <sping@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [rfc] layman storage location (again)
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 00:26:46
1 On 01/16/10 19:52, Peter Hjalmarsson wrote:
2 > That is for the overlays, yeah?
3 > But hov about the cache_*.xml files?
4 >
5 > I think what he meant was that should layman really only has one
6 > directory? One for cache (downloaded/downloadable lists of overlays?
7 > in /var/cache/layman/?), one for the make.conf and overlay.xml
8 > (/etc/layman/?) and maybe one more directory for the overlays
9 > (/var/lib/layman/?).
10 >
11 > That make.conf/overlay.xml may not go as cache, nor do the overlays
12 > themselves, but as I said, should really it all be in the same
13 > directory?
14
15 yes, cache_*.xml are a bit different. Would you benefit from a move of
16 these files to /var/chache/layman?
20 Sebastian