From: Markus Hauschild <hauschild.markus@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Over using preserve_old_lib, don't do that
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 17:29:08
1 On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 10:49 AM, Mike Auty <ikelos@g.o> wrote:
2 > Ideally, these calls should either adhere to FEATURES="-preserve-libs",
3 > or there should be a tool that can identify which files portage has
4 > preserved, and allow easy rebuilding of dependent packages, and removal.
5 >  At the moment, I'm having to manually grep ebuilds, ls the libraries
6 > and run revdep-rebuild over them one at a time...
7
8 Such a tool which can at least identify files that remain on the
9 system from preserved-libs or similar would be really useful in my
10 opinion!