From: Georgy Yakovlev <gyakovlev@g.o>
To: Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o>
Cc: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] util-linux build time increase?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 18:38:22
1 On Thursday, February 21, 2019 1:36:24 AM PST Joshua Kinard wrote:
2 > Does anyone have an idea why util-linux's build time would go up
3 > significantly from 2.32.x to 2.33.x? It may be a MIPS thing, as my x86_64
4 > box shows no discernible change in build times between the same versions.
5 > Can any other archs check w/ genlop to see if they see a large jump in build
6 > time?
9 This may be related to this bug:
10 https://bugs.gentoo.org/447970
11
12 I have packages ( cpio and tar for example) that take hours to emerge on arm
13 boards with FEATURES=sandbox, and couple of minutes without.
14 ./configure getcwd test takes unreasonably long time under sandbox.
15
16 don't have util-linux statistics to show.
19 Georgy Yakovlev
20 Gentoo Linux Developer