From: Daniel Campbell <zlg@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: Proposal for addition of distribution variables
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2016 23:41:23
1 On 12/05/2016 03:49 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > Here is a separate thought. Would it make sense in any way to try to
3 > have a more established way to communicate with our downstream distros
4 > about stuff like this, like a gentoo-derivatives mailing list or such?
5 > I wouldn't restrict access or anything like that, but participants
6 > would be expected to stay on-topic (it isn't another gentoo-dev or
7 > gentoo-user/project). Changes could still make their way onto the
8 > main lists. I was just thinking that we don't really have any
9 > official way to notify downstream distros of changes like these.
10
11 Sounds like a good idea to me. We could even allow technical support
12 there ala -user, but with a focus on 'remixing' or otherwise
13 forking/copying Gentoo. It makes sense for a meta distro to assist in
14 the 'meta' part, if only for informational reasons.
17 Daniel Campbell - Gentoo Developer
18 OpenPGP Key: 0x1EA055D6 @ hkp://keys.gnupg.net
19 fpr: AE03 9064 AE00 053C 270C 1DE4 6F7A 9091 1EA0 55D6