From: David Seifert <soap@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Last rites: leechcraft
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2017 08:22:44
1 On Mon, 2017-01-30 at 17:43 -0500, Georg Rudoy wrote:
2 > 2017-01-30 13:35 GMT-05:00 David Seifert <soap@g.o>:
3 > > Please do not resurrect leechcraft unless you're willing to fix the
4 > > bugs with GCC 5 (and GCC 6) and newer dependencies. Personally, I
5 > > feel
6 > > leechcraft should probably live in an overlay instead of the tree.
7 >
8 > I was previously proxy-maintaining it via Maxim Koltsov aka
9 > maksbotan.
10 > What's the best way for me to step up and maintain it more directly?
11 > Would PRs on github work?
15 Proxy-maint has always been there, so no real excuse for all those bugs
16 rotting away. Here's the deal: If you fix all those bugs within the 30
17 day time period, we'll keep it in the tree. Please also modernize the
18 eclass a bit, and preferably drop all ebuilds to unstable. Send all
19 your PRs via Github, mentioning my handle @SoapGentoo. Given that this
20 leechcraft ecosystem has a very small, dedicated community, I think
21 maintaining it in a separate overlay, pulled in by layman or whatever
22 would still be a better approach.