From: Alexey Shvetsov <alexxy@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage Git migration - clean cut or git-cvsserver
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 20:06:12
1 Arun Raghavan писал 2012-05-23 22:37:
2 > I, for one, think we should stay with CVS and leave all this git
3 > Linusware to the new-fangled Fedora kids with their fancy init
4 > systems
5 > and tight coupling. CVS was good enough for my grandfather, and it's
6 > good enough for you.
7
8 CVS is damn slow. On every cvs up it should stat *all* files and cvs
9 entryes
10 in current state its ~212k files in gentoo-x86. It will be sloow on
11 every machine unless you put all this files in ram
12
13 Actual number of usefull files is only about ~60k
14 (ebuilds,eclasses,metadata.xml,patches)
15
16 Its comparable to linux kernel git tree ~42k files
17
18 And yes git is much more faster.
19
20 PS if ibm s/360 was good for my grandfather why we all use modern
21 intel pc? Lets stay under 1 MIPS machines like s/360
25 Best Regards,
26 Alexey 'Alexxy' Shvetsov
27 Petersburg Nuclear Physics Institute, NRC Kurchatov Institute,
28 Gatchina, Russia
29 Department of Molecular and Radiation Biophysics
30 Gentoo Team Ru
31 Gentoo Linux Dev
32 mailto:alexxyum@×××××.com
33 mailto:alexxy@g.o