From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: RFC: emerge snapshots
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:50:23
1 Stephen Bennett posted <20060127233132.464db991@localhost>, excerpted
2 below, on Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:31:32 +0000:
3
4 > On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 16:08:40 -0700
5 > Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
6 >
7 >> Neither here nor there, but for some reason, I prefer "emerge -NuD
8 >> world". =8^)
9 >
10 > Especially since you just said yourself it was irrelevant, I'm at a loss
11 > to see quite why you felt the need to tell us this.
12
13 Perhaps for the same reason you replied to me, continuing what you are
14 complaining about as irrelevant... and now, I'm replying to you for much
15 the same reason, and will anyone reply to this for the same reason, ending
16 up with how many irrelevant posts in the process of complaining about one,
17 a short one at that?
18
19 Or, to put it differently, for much the same reason some seem to find
20 goats and <location> conspiracies worth remarking about here. It's an
21 attempt at adding a bit of humor to what otherwise might get too dry
22 and technical to be tolerable.
23
24 ... Just answering the question asked of me...
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
30 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list