From: "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upcoming changes to hosting of Git repos on git.gentoo.org (NOT overlays.git.gentoo.org)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2011 22:16:35
1 On Fri, Jan 21, 2011 at 03:47:03PM -0600, Donnie Berkholz wrote:
2 > Sweet, we actually got an invitation to bikeshed! Here's my contributions:
3 >
4 > gentoo-tree.git
5 > gentoo-portage-tree.git
6 > portage-tree.git
7 > (the name 'portage' derives from bsd ports, so it makes sense to keep
8 > that connection to make it recognizable to that audience)
9 Please note that I said _location_.
10 I'm not so happy about putting them in in the toplevel namespace.
11 You need to provide TWO names:
12 1. The current tree that we will start with.
13 2. The read-only graftable tree with full history (going back to the
14 start of Gentoo commits).
15
16 As much as I like the original "Portage tree", I do agree it's lead to
17 confusing of the source code of the package manager vs. the ebuild tree.
20 Robin Hugh Johnson
21 Gentoo Linux: Developer, Trustee & Infrastructure Lead
22 E-Mail : robbat2@g.o
23 GnuPG FP : 11AC BA4F 4778 E3F6 E4ED F38E B27B 944E 3488 4E85