From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Warn users not to do separate /usr partition without proper initramfs in the handbook?
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 14:34:07
1 On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 06:49:36AM -0500, Dale wrote:
2 > Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote:
3 > >
4 > > Again, not all of us are willing to migrate away from a separate /usr
5 > > partition, least of all when that is being "imposed" by some people
6 > > trying to "shove" their pet projects to others and when we don't agree
7 > > with or acknowledge the arguments.
11 > +1
12
13 Add another to the list of folks who disagree with this and with the
14 approach being taken.
15
16 I don't blame gentoo devs per se, but I do feel like this is being
17 forced down everyone's throats without any regard to the *nix philosophy
18 of having separate /usr which has worked for years, and if people would
19 fix their bugs correctly would continue to work.
20
21 William