From: William Hubbs <williamh@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Warn users not to do separate /usr partition without proper initramfs in the handbook?
Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2011 14:34:07
On Thu, Aug 04, 2011 at 06:49:36AM -0500, Dale wrote:
> Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto wrote: > > > > Again, not all of us are willing to migrate away from a separate /usr > > partition, least of all when that is being "imposed" by some people > > trying to "shove" their pet projects to others and when we don't agree > > with or acknowledge the arguments. > > > > > > +1
Add another to the list of folks who disagree with this and with the approach being taken. I don't blame gentoo devs per se, but I do feel like this is being forced down everyone's throats without any regard to the *nix philosophy of having separate /usr which has worked for years, and if people would fix their bugs correctly would continue to work. William