From: Hans de Graaff <graaff@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: euscan proof of concept (like debian's uscan)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 19:25:26
1 On Wed, 2011-08-31 at 15:41 +0200, Corentin Chary wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > some news about euscan (still available at http://euscan.iksaif.net)
5 >
6 > - New design (yay !)
7 > - Atom feeds available for each herd/category/maintainer/package
8 > (http://euscan.iksaif.net/maintainers/59/feed/)
9 > - Specific handlers for PyPi, RubyGems, pecl and PEAR packages (check
10 > http://git.iksaif.net/?p=euscan.git;a=tree;f=pym/euscan/handlers;h=9a995dfcebe6beecce71851abb84a875cf6e5979;hb=HEAD
11 > ).
12 >
13 > Now, maybe we should find a way to integrate that with the GSoC
14 > statistic project and with http://packages.gentoo.org/ (like done at
15 > http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/php-net-ipv4.html ). A quick way would
16 > be to host euscan on a gentoo server, and add some webservices to
17 > publish the data in json or xml, then packages.gentoo.org and others
18 > could parse that and display it.
19
20 One integration that might also be useful is what we track on the ruby
21 wiki currently: https://overlays.gentoo.org/proj/ruby/wiki/PendingBumps
22 which is a collection of quick notes on problems encountered while
23 bumping packages. The ability to attach notes to packages and to
24 acknowledge version bumps (and e.g. make them yellow instead of red)
25 could help with larger lists for herds.
26
27 Kind regards,
28
29 Hans