From: Terje Kvernes <terjekv@××××××××.no>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] kportagemaster
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 18:22:53
1 Hannes Mehnert <hannes@×××××××.org> writes:
2
3 > On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 10:31:50PM +0200, Terje Kvernes wrote:
4 >
5 > > cute! on my wishlist is a "show installed ebuilds only" and the
6 > > complement, "show uninstalled ebuilds only". this would make
7 > > cleaning up the installed base doable. these days, with
8 > > "--update" basically just adding itself, not removing the old one,
9 > > I've got so many duplicates installed that it's outright stupid.
10 > > and manual cleaning via qpkg and emerge commandlines aren't that
11 > > fun.
12 >
13 > We are going to make a "show installed ebuilds",
14
15 thanks!
16
17 > but we don't know the use of "show uninstalled ebuilds".
18
19 oh, I want to see what I _can_ install. sometimes I'm looking to
20 see if a certain ebuild exists, other times I'm just looking for
21 something to install and test. ;-)
22
23 > A pkg-clean is also on our TODO, but we don't have 48h/day. ;)
24
25 greatness, and I know how that goes. sigh. there just isn't enough
26 time to do all the neat stuff one wants to get done.
27
28 > We also have a anon cvs:
29 > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@××××××××××××××.org/cvsroot login
30 > cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@××××××××××××××.org/cvsroot co kportagemaster
31
32 as in "feel free to commit patches"? uhm, I don't do C++. well,
33 okay, I won't do it for money. maybe I'll do it for something like
34 this though. anyhow, I won't have time for a while yet, so we'll
35 see. thanks for the great work though!
38 Terje