From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Two herds (and four extra?)
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:11:45
1 On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 10:44:48 -0400
2 "Anthony G. Basile" <blueness@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > I would prefer the bugs be assigned to hardened-kernel@g.o and
5 > cc'ed to hardened@g.o. All relevant devs should be on one or
6 > the other list. However, I am currently the principle maintainer of
7 > h-s.
8
9 You really don't expect the currently 5-10 regular bug wranglers to
10 remember all that, do you? If you want things listed in a specific
11 order, then just remember the rules:
12
13 = Alternative A =
14 * first maintainer from the top down gets to be assignee,
15 * otherwise the first herd gets to be assignee.
16
17 Put them in the right order an you should have no problem with bug
18 assignments. We could discuss this processing order (maybe change it
19 to having
20
21 = Alternative B =
22 * the top herd or maintainer as assignee
23
24 (but I really don't want to get tangled up in a discussion about your
25 preferences or anyone's preferences, and how bug wranglers should
26 reflect those).
29 jer