From: Jon Lech Johansen <jon@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] avifile ebuild requires divx4linux and win32codecs on x86
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 12:50:31
On Fri, Apr 25, 2003 at 06:57:42AM +0200, Tony Clark (tclark@×××××.com) wrote:
> Before making a storm in a teacup why haven't you gone to microsoft's site and
> see what you have to chick to download or licensing terms, cause if you did > you would see it is nada, ingenting,nothing etc, at least from the link I > first found. > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=73C47878-20D0-4C1A-96F4-177D7E0074B7
I haven't disputed that some codecs are legally available with no license. Copyrighted works which do not include a license are still protected by copyright law, and redistributing said works would be copyright infringement. -- Jon Lech Johansen jon@××××××××××.org nanocrew.net/blog/ Stat sua cuique dies, breve et inreparabile tempus omnibus est vitae; sed famam extendere factis, hoc virtutis opus. -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list