From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] punt PMS
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 00:56:22
1 On 08/15/2013 02:52 AM, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 02:13:07 +0200
3 > hasufell <hasufell@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> I have no idea what that means. Global changes are _always_ discussed
6 >> in the community. PMS doesn't add anything to that process.
7 >
8 > It puts the consensus and / or decisions in one canonical categorized
9 > resource, such that you don't have to search ages in archives to
10 > gather all the pieces together; where would they otherwise be placed?
11 >
12 > PMS avoids us from having to manually solve an unnecessary puzzle.
16 That sounds interesting in theory, in practice it's the other way
17 around. We solve puzzles to avoid PMS or reverse-fix it.