From: Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] New global use flag: vpx or vp8
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 18:27:53
On Sat, 31 Jul 2010 16:30:06 +0100
Robert Bridge <robert@××××××××.com> wrote:

> Speaking as a user, I would ask what the standard file ending is? Most > users won't know what the codec is, they will just know is foo.webm or > foo.vpx/8. > > Just a thought if debating the name.
Honestly not sure what convention is for naming, but I found this recently, and thought I might throw it out there: ~ $ euse -i lame .... [+ C ] lame - Prefer using LAME libraries for MP3 encoding support .... While, as a user, I prefer this to be mp3, I also understand there may be more than one library for such-and-so, so I'm willing to read up on USE flags to find out which is the best to use. Overall, I would prefer naming according to the names of the libraries they'll enable. -- Jacob "For then there will be great distress, unequaled from the beginning of the world until now — and never to be equaled again. If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened." Are you ready?