From: John White <johnjohn-gentoo-dev@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Installer For Gentoo
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 08:20:05
1 On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 12:02:52PM -0400, Stephen Clowater wrote:
2 > In order for gentoo to become a distro that can be used in corprate
3 > enviornments, it needs an installer that can do much of the
4 > configurations on it. For example, if I have a rendering farm of 1000
5 > sgi machines, and I want to install gentoo on all of them, under the
6 > conventional systme, that just isnt pratical.
7
8 In fact, it's best practice in a corporate or professionally
9 sysadmin'd environment.[1]
10
11 [1] Limoncelli, Thomas A. and Christine Hogan. 2002. "1.1.1 Loading
12 the System Software and Applications Initially" Pp. 8-14 in
13 The Practice of System and Network Administration, ADDISON--WESLEY
16 John White
19 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list