From: Dirkjan Ochtman <djc@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Python problem
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 11:54:10
1 On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 13:48, Jorge Manuel B. S. Vicetto
2 <jmbsvicetto@g.o> wrote:
3 > Yes, but with slotting you allow different packages to pull in different
4 > slots of python. Furthermore, when you slot a package and mark more than
5 > one slot stable, you're saying that all the stable slots work and don't
6 > "break" the tree.
7
8 And that's true for Python AFAICT.
9
10 > About the stages bug (330361), as was discussed to exhaustion on the
11 > bug, mls, IRC and many other locations, python3 isn't added to the
12 > stages by the will or work of releng.
13
14 Right; I've also stated my opinion on this exhaustively in that bug.
15
16 Cheers,
17
18 Dirkjan