From: Abhishek Amit <abhishekamit2000@×××××.com>
To: Michael Boman <michael.boman@××××××××××.com>
Cc: Gentoo Development List <gentoo-dev@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Only offer pre-compiled packages?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 08:06:49
1 On 15:36 Sun 13 Apr , Michael Boman wrote:
2 > Is there a way to let machines only see (updated) pre-compiled packages
3 > when they do 'emerge -p world'? I am thinking of providing a local
4 > repository of "authorized/tested" software over NFS and when you do
5 > 'emerge world' it will take the latest version from the pre-compiled
6 > pile of packages, totally ignoring what is availble as ebuild's from
7 > rsync.gentoo.org or in the PORTAGE_OVERLAY dir..
8 >
9 > Doable? How?
10 >
11 > Best regards
12 > Michael Boman
13 >
14 > --
15 > Michael Boman
16 > Security Architect, SecureCiRT Pte Ltd
17 > http://www.securecirt.com
18
19 One other way I can think of doing this is modifying your portge tree
20 and share the whole thing over NFS, as opposed to only sharing the
21 binaries. Then the computers would not need to sync using
22 rsync.gentoo.org, and your server could, where you could keep your tree
23 with only the packages you want.
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list