From: Zac Medico <zmedico@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] So now that we have --quiet-build as default, can we talk about a forced LC_ALL=C again?
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:13:24
1 On 12/04/2011 03:58 AM, Chí-Thanh Christopher Nguyễn wrote:
2 > Mike Frysinger schrieb:
3 >> and in reality, you're complaining only about LC_MESSAGES, not LC_ALL or any
4 >> other locale category ...
5 >
6 > I too think it is sufficient to have
7 > LC_MESSAGES=C
8 > in the default make.conf (or somewhere else where the user can easily
9 > change it), with a comment to leave it like this for build.log when
10 > reporting bugs.
11
12 If we want it to go in the default make.conf, it would go in catalyst,
13 since that's what generates the default make.conf for stage builds.
14
15 We can get an equivalent result by putting it in make.defaults of the
16 base profile, and adding a note to the handbook and/or localization guide.
17 --
18 Thanks,
19 Zac