From: Martin Schlemmer <azarah@g.o>
To: "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net>
Cc: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-core] baselayout-1.8.6.4
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 11:24:31
1 On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 22:40:40 -0800
2 "C. Brewer" <cbrewer@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3
4 > I apologize for the top-post, but its getting long. I second the
5 > motion for parallelized execution, but would like to go one better:
6 > named run-levels! I spoke with seemant about this quite a few times,
7 > but it appears our volunteer was too busy:) I think this is worth a
8 > glance: www.winterdrache.de/linux/newboot
11 Actually we do have 'named' runlevels. We only really use the runlevels
12 from init to get the system to boot or shutdown. From there you just
13 define your runlevel (may it be named 'home', 'work', whatever) in
14 /etc/runlevels, and execute:
15
16 # /sbin/rc work
17
18 for instance. Sure, it may need some improvements, but why don't we
19 *rather* work on that, than reinvent the wheel ?
25 Martin Schlemmer
26 Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer
27 Cape Town, South Africa
31 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list