From: "Paweł Hajdan
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Locale check in python_pkg_setup()
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 16:49:04
On 7/29/10 8:48 PM, Brian Harring wrote:
> It's basically annoying people into changing to partially > sidestep a couple of bugs, instead of fixing the issue- and that's the > wrong course of action.
I think that with python earlier than python-3 unicode handling is quite complicated, and I'm not surprised there are problems with that. Arfrever, does python-3 have the same problem with non-UTF8 locales? Another thing we can consider is making UTF8 the default setup in Gentoo. I think most people (including me) don't care whether it's C or UTF8 as long as it works. Paweł