From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Status of 10.0 profiles??
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 2009 21:29:10
1 Hello,
2 Since the "10.0 release" there has not been an outward facing announcement
3 for users to switch profiles.
4
5 * Are we deprecating the 2008.0 profiles?
6 * Are 10.0 profiles "feature complete" ?
7 * Will there be an announcement?
8 * Why are only the 2008.0 hardened profiles deprecated? ( %% find
9 /usr/portage/profiles -name deprecated )
10
11 If users are suppose to switch to 10.0, then is anyone from the
12 ten@g.o team planning on making the announcements? I would expect an
13 email to gentoo-user, gentoo-announce, gentoo-dev-announce, #gentoo topic,
14 and finally forums but that is just off the top of my head.
15
16 About 10.0: I know it happened, I know there is an irc channel. But, that
17 is about it. I think it would be nice if someone from the ten team could do
18 a postmortem of what worked and what didn't.
19
20 -Jeremy