From: Ryan Hill <dirtyepic@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: autotools.eclass no longer inherits eutils; check your ebuilds!
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 06:03:26
1 On Mon, 21 May 2012 21:04:44 +0200
2 Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > Looks like ebuilds not inheriting eutils directly even using epatch are
5 > a lot as I have seen running:
6 > grep inherit $(grep -r epatch */*/*.ebuild| cut -d: -f1) | grep -v
7 > eutils
8 >
9 > Maybe they should be checked and a repoman warning should be added when
10 > an ebuild is using epatch without inheriting eutils directly, otherwise
11 > this problem could reappear if some other eclass no longer inherit it in
12 > the future :-/
13
14 Maybe we should make eutils inheritance implicit so all ebuilds get epatch
15 and friends automatically. Is there really that much overhead? Or am I
16 missing something obvious?
20 fonts, gcc-porting
21 toolchain, wxwidgets
22 @ gentoo.org