From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tone in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 03:44:23
On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:29:13 +0100
Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:

> > "Have you pointed this out to DevRel? What was their reaction?" > > > > does not seem to have this mis-hearing problem, at least not to me. > > > Hmm - thats interesting, I subconsciously read the two questions into > the one posted. I accept you point. Its something I am likely to > write myself without thinking about it too much too.
Oh, this is a good one. Without introducing the problem, it is being assured that devrel has a problem because (some?) Gentoo users have a problem. So I ask very straightforwardly when this was pointed out to devrel, because I don't see the information being introduced to the wider public that has led to this public e-mail accusing devrel of not doing their job. Excuse me please, but how did I not turn out to ask the right question about the information that wasn't exposed on a public mailing list? And if I did put a vitriolic spin on it, then how would you sanctify your actions that bypassed normal procedure without actually at least summarising how that procedure ran to a dead end? Regards, jer