From: Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Tone in Gentoo
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 03:44:23
1 On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 20:29:13 +0100
2 Roy Bamford <neddyseagoon@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > > "Have you pointed this out to DevRel? What was their reaction?"
5 > >
6 > > does not seem to have this mis-hearing problem, at least not to me.
7 > >
8 > Hmm - thats interesting, I subconsciously read the two questions into
9 > the one posted. I accept you point. Its something I am likely to
10 > write myself without thinking about it too much too.
11
12 Oh, this is a good one. Without introducing the problem, it is being
13 assured that devrel has a problem because (some?) Gentoo users have a
14 problem. So I ask very straightforwardly when this was pointed out to
15 devrel, because I don't see the information being introduced to the
16 wider public that has led to this public e-mail accusing devrel of not
17 doing their job. Excuse me please, but how did I not turn out to ask
18 the right question about the information that wasn't exposed on a
19 public mailing list? And if I did put a vitriolic spin on it, then how
20 would you sanctify your actions that bypassed normal procedure without
21 actually at least summarising how that procedure ran to a dead end?
24 Regards,
25 jer