From: Alex Brandt <alunduil@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] rfc: zsh completions -- optional or mandatory?
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2015 01:37:29
1 On Thursday, March 26, 2015 13:17:02 Rich Freeman wrote:
2 > On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 12:51 PM, William Hubbs <williamh@g.o> wrote:
3 > > The other method is shown by dev-vcs/hub at least, and maybe several
4 > > other packages -- e.g. unconditionally installing the completions
5 > > according to our small files installation practice and not reflecting
6 > > the rdepend on app-shells/zsh.
7 >
8 > I'd go with this, since this is how we handle bash.
9 >
10 > Second choice would be to make installing the files USE-conditional
11 > (since zsh is less common), but I wouldn't ever add an RDEPEND for
12 > zsh.
13
14 Ditto and +1.
15
16 Regards,
19 Alex Brandt
20 Cloud Evangelist for Rackspace and Developer for Gentoo
21 http://blog.alunduil.com