From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: per-package default USE flags
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 15:46:20
1 Zac Medico wrote:
2 > The intention is that the IUSE defaults will be used for default flags that
3 > should be enabled regardless of profile. Then, package.use will be used for flags
4 > that might vary depending on the profile.
5
6 I don't understand the reasoning of this. Could you expand on it?
7
8 What would make sense to me is using package.use for _local_ USE flags,
9 and make.defaults for _global_ USE flags. But using make.defaults only
10 in base/ and package.use everywhere else just seems weird, not to
11 mention the duplication it will cause.
12
13 Am I misunderstanding something?
14
15 Thanks,