From: Agostino Sarubbo <ago@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-dev-announce] please sign your manifests
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:08:10
1 On Tuesday 12 February 2013 15:14:15 William Hubbs wrote:
2 > All,
3 >
4 > as preparation for the up-coming cvs->git migration of the portage tree,
5 > the council is strongly suggesting that from this point forward all
6 > developers sign their manifests with their gpg key as described in the
7 > developer's manual [1].
8 >
9 > If you have any questions on this, please feel free to let us know.
10
11 As most of us do, I do the commit from another machine, not mine. So, for ssh
12 I'm using ssh -A to forward the key and I'm interested to find a way to do it
13 for the gpg key.
14
15 I found an how-to that uses socat ( http://superuser.com/questions/161973/how-
16 can-i-forward-a-gpg-key-via-ssh-agent ) but does not work as expected.
17
18 This is an example: http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-
19 x86/app-portage/splat/Manifest?revision=1.45&view=markup
20
21 The manifest apparently is signed, but there is no really gpg sign.
22
23 If someone know how to do it, please let me know.
24 --
25 Agostino Sarubbo / ago -at- gentoo.org
26 Gentoo Linux Developer