From: Luca Barbato <lu_zero@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] enable verbose build whenever it's possible
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:10:18
1 On 11/5/11 1:58 AM, Kacper Kowalik wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 > I'd like to ask that we enable verbose building by default. I have
4 > cmake-utils.eclass in mind, because it's dead easy there, but there's a
5 > lot of packages that support things like "make V=1" or "make VERBOSE=1" too.
6 >
7 > I've seen too many bugs reports today that gave me cute, colorful
8 > build.logs and almost no information about underlaying bug...
9
10 That could be done, but I'd advise to make sure our users know that the
11 could have a quiet/silent output from portage.
12
13 lu