From: Corentin Chary <iksaif@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] euscan GSoC project - requesting feedback
Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2012 12:11:52
1 On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 4:07 AM, Kent Fredric <kentfredric@×××××.com> wrote:
2 > On 27 June 2012 19:51, Federico "fox" Scrinzi <fox91@×××××.no> wrote:
3 >> The main question is: what would you like to have on this dashboard?
4 >> Currently (in the development version) there's the possibility to login
5 >> and watch/unwatch packages/categories/herds/... and see the watched
6 >> stuff in the account dashboard. We're planning on implementing a
7 >> weekly(?) custom newsletter based on the packages you're watching, which
8 >> features would you like?
9 >>
10 >> The project repo for the GSoC is here: https://github.com/volpino/euscan
11 >>
12 >> Thanks!
15 > For the most part it seems to get upstream / portage versioning right,
16 > but occasionally you get miss-matches for some reason.
17 >
18 > It would be nice to allow to provide some mapping mechanism that
19 > existed on the overlay itself to inform euscan how to map upstream
20 > versions to downstream ones, but implementing that would be far too
21 > complex I feel.
22 >
23 > Instead, it would be nice to have a mechanism in the interface to set
24 > a "Upstream version is" value for each package if euscan can't tell.
25 >
26 > Ie:
27 >
28 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/HTML-TreeBuilder-LibXML/
29 >
30 > Upstream is 0.71 , portage is ( normalised ) to 0.710.0 , and these
31 > are in fact the same version. So in 0.710.0 , it would be nice to be
32 > able to set the upstream version manually to 0.71 so that euscan no
33 > longer reported it as outdated.
34 >
35 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/Authen-SASL-Cyrus-server/
36 >
37 > 0.13 == 0.13-serve
38 >
39 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/Module-Extract-Namespaces/
40 >
41 > 0.140.200_rc == 0.14_0.2
42 >
43 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/Math-BaseCnv/
44 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/XML-Tidy/
45 >
46 > 1.8 == 1.8.B59BrZ
47 > 1.8 == 1.8.B2AMvd
48 >
49 > ( Upstream for those 2 packages have a versioning scheme tantamount to
50 > intolerable cruelty.
51 > https://rt.cpan.org/Public/Bug/Display.html?id=60275 )
52 >
53 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/Perl-Critic-Moose/
54 > 0.999.2_rc == 0.999._002
55 >
56 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/aliased/
57 > 0.300.100_rc == 0.30_0.1
58 >
59 > http://euscan.iksaif.net/package/dev-perl/EV/
60 > 4.110.0  == 4.11
63 > --
64 > Kent
65 >
66 > perl -e  "print substr( \"edrgmaM  SPA NOcomil.ic\\@tfrken\", \$_ * 3,
67 > 3 ) for ( 9,8,0,7,1,6,5,4,3,2 );"
68 >
69 > http://kent-fredric.fox.geek.nz
72 Something that could help with that: we plan to add something like
73 debian/watch in metadata.xml. This should allow to specify a regexp to
74 mangle versions (sed like syntax: /match/replace/). For some specific
75 packages, we also already have specific handlers (cpan, php, pypi,
76 etc...) which have specific version mangling functions.