From: Pacho Ramos <pacho@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] My wishlist for EAPI 5
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 10:25:27
El sáb, 23-06-2012 a las 11:53 +0200, Peter Stuge escribió:
> Ciaran McCreesh wrote: > > What is hurting is people demanding features without specifying what > > the problem is > > Part of enabling progress is to show a strong will to communicate, > with the goal of extracting common understanding from discussion. > > In any project based on volunteer effort you must show that you too > are interested in giving, for anyone to give you anything. > > When it's not obvious that you want to receive - to the point where > you drive the discussion (the horror!) in order to arrive at that > point of common understanding - then people will be upset and look > down on you, because dealing with you leaves too sour a taste behind. > > > //Peter
As Peter explains, I think it is now clear enough what I was demanding (about clarifying what is needed to get things in next EAPI to prevent issues like Tommy is suffering to get multilib stuff done), but I star to think Ciaran thinks it's easier to simply wear a blindfold on to keep thinking all what he says cannot be corrected at all, neither improved and others must follow his instructions blindly