From: Paul de Vrieze <gentoo-user@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Performance once again..
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 09:33:27
> > No, not yet. > I could try to run strace on apache, but the biggest problem is not the > CPU it uses.. The problem is that it just stops to work. Yesterday I got > a "MaxClients reached" error and MaxClients is 200.. After that it > didn't "recover" so I had to restart it before any new connections were > possible. Since that happened 8h after I started the server again, I > doubt that I can strace this particular problem? Or do I miss something?
Do you by any chance use persistent database connections from php. In that case you might want to look at setting a limit on those connections, or maybe disallow (or remove the use) them. Also fiddling with the apache client settings might work. 200 clients is a lot, so probably some are out on their backs (dead). In the config you can control restarting of those clients (how long they are allowed to be alive). If you have a really busy site, they might actually all be in use in which case increasing this limit is the solution. Good luck, Paul -- Paul de Vrieze Researcher Mail: pauldv@××××××.nl Homepage: http://www.devrieze.net -- gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list