From: Ben Lutgens <lamer@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] HTTP_PROXY var in make.conf has issues
Date: Mon, 27 May 2002 14:26:51
1 All, the HTTP_PROXY variable we have in make.conf and friends isn't
2 recognized by wget. Setting as HTTP_PROXY is completely ignored by wget and
3 the other fetchcommands ( prozilla and lukemftp are essentially ftp
4 applications and they don't tend to like proxies anyway ). I see very
5 little reason to leave the variable as HTTP_PROXY when it should be defined
6 like so
7 http_proxy="proxy.domain.tld:3128"
8
9 A band-aid would be to set the following in either make.conf, make.globals
10 or the like
11 http_proxy="${HTTP_PROXY}" or have portage interpret HTTP_PROXY and pass it
12 to the environment in both ways (which seems really dumb to me)
13
14 This is probably also a good FAQ question. I'll post to the forums about it
15 as well.
16 --
17 Ben Lutgens | http://people.sistina.com/~blutgens/
18 System Administrator | http://www.sistina.com/
19 Sistina Software Inc. |
20
21 "I got a wife and kids too but you don't see me out here stealing Imperial
22 Droids now do ya?"