From: Mike Frysinger <vapier@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] The Python problem
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:53:06
1 On Monday, June 27, 2011 12:00:19 Dirkjan Ochtman wrote:
2 > On Mon, Jun 27, 2011 at 17:53, Petteri Räty <betelgeuse@g.o> wrote:
3 > > I like the ruby approach for the reason that it doesn't require users to
4 > > run update scripts like python-updater.
5 >
6 > Sure, but if that means the developers now have to bump every package
7 > in the tree when a new version of Python comes out, I'm not sure
8 > that's the best trade-off.
9
10 if that's the requirement, i'd lean towards the python route we have today.
11 especially because python-updater will hit all necessary packages where-as
12 ruby will often not as that requires you to do `emerge -u <all installed
13 packages>`.
14 -mike