From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Unified DEPENDENCIES concept
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 03:34:44
1 On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 4:45 AM, Ciaran McCreesh
2 <ciaran.mccreesh@××××××××××.com> wrote:
3 > Since DEPENDENCIES hasn't been written up in a Gentoo-friendly manner,
4 > and since the Exherbo documentation doesn't seem to suffice to explain
5 > the idea here, here's some more details on the DEPENDENCIES proposal.
6
7 I like this. It seems well planned and thought out and very flexible.
8 If I understand correctly paludis already supports this, so a working
9 implementation is already available which is clearly beneficial for a
10 proposal.
11
12 Thanks a lot, Ciaran, for writing this up.
13
14 Matt