From: drobbins@g.o
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuild, ip6tables headaches, kernel confusion, xinetd vs. tcpwrappers
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 07:56:39
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 08:27:46AM +0000, Thomas Flavel wrote:
> Hi, > > > : 6. app suggestions > > : I haven't seen a master plan/list regarding what get's included in the > > : production release -- although I do think that it should be limited to one > > : CD -- AT MOST. IMHO there is definitely such a thing as too many apps. The > > > > I agree. Just so long as the apps are the ones that I want. 8) > > Definatley only 1 cd. > > I was kind of surprised there was no ircd in rc3 - possibly not the most > important app to have, *but* - and speaking of mission critical changes, > you know the little graphical tux you can have at boot time? How about > changing that to a little gentoo spaceship? :)
Achim has something like that in the works for the bootdisk :) We also had a boot logo for 2.2. These are the little cute things that we add when we're a bit tired of adding "important stuff" and want to have a bit of fun. You can expect things like this to trickle into the distribution over time. Best Regards, -- Daniel Robbins <drobbins@g.o> President/CEO http://www.gentoo.org Gentoo Technologies, Inc.