From: Sam James <sam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Feature request: auto-CC for bugs modified via commit tags
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2022 17:34:41
1 > On 25 Jan 2022, at 17:00, Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Can I request that Bug: and Closes: tags in our commits automatically
4 > CC the committer on the bug that is modified?
5 >
6 > Use case: I often fix (sci-*) bugs that I'm not CCed on, and a user
7 > will leave a comment like "it still crashes on x86" that I never see.
8 > Of course, I could manually CC myself on every bug. But that will send
9 > everyone an extra email, and is forgettable. Plus, avoiding the manual
10 > step is kind of the point of the automation, right?
11 >
12 > One potential downside is that the commit author could wind up CCed
13 > twice via an alias, but that could be solved with a sufficiently clever
14 > implementation. Or disregarded if it's not too much of a problem in
15 > practice; the bugs will usually be closed, after all.
18 I'd quite like this as I do a fair amount of drive-bys.
19
20 Thanks for bringing it up.
21
22 Best,