From: Ben de Groot <yngwin@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [warning] the bug queue has 100 bugs
Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2012 08:05:33
1 On 31 October 2012 23:17, Chris Reffett <creffett@g.o> wrote:
2 > Basically, I would rather the user get too many
3 > elog messages than not enough, since I feel that a lot of people skip
4 > over them anyway and so the "only display once" method makes it far
5 > too easy for important messages to get lost in the shuffle.
6
7 Did you ever consider *why* so many users skip over elog messages?
8 Don't you think that could be because most of these messages of
9 useless to them, or they have already seem them many times?
10
11 I think we need to come up with a better policy regarding elog
12 messages, which would improve the signal to noise ratio.
15 Cheers,
16
17 Ben | yngwin
18 Gentoo developer
19 Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin