From: Andrew Cowie <andrew@×××××××××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Web Application installations
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 04:14:00
1 I'm writing an ebuild to install a piece of software which is a
2 web-based application. Is there a The-Gentoo-Way (tm) place to put such
3 things?
4
5 Debian's answer to this is /var/www; Gentoo's appears to be /home/httpd,
6 but I'm not sure if that was just someone's idea of a good place for it,
7 or a practice that is expected to harden up as policy.
8
9 Or is there a setting in /etc/conf.d I should be leveraging?
10
11 AfC
14 Andrew Frederick Cowie
15 Operational Dynamics Consulting Pty Ltd
16
17 Australia +61 2 9977 6866 North America +1 646 270 5376
18
19 http://www.operationaldynamics.com/
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list