From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo internal structure
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:35:54
1 On Fri, Nov 21, 2003 at 09:16:19AM -0600, Matthew Kennedy wrote:
2 > Personally, I am only interested in supporting and using free
3 > software, so...
4 >
5 > The best solution is just to remove support for anything non-free in
6 > portage and to also remove any non-free software from our mirrors.
7 > Let some other external project step up to the plate and provide a
8 > non-free overlay if they wish.
9
10 I disagree. Give the users who want the chance to not use "non-free"
11 software, but also give the others the chance to use non-free software.
12
13 I think you'll get a lot of gamers against you when you tell them you don't
14 want them to easily install their favorite non-free game :)
15
16 Sven Vermeulen
19 ^__^ And Larry saw that it was Good.
20 (oo) Sven Vermeulen