From: "Andreas K. Hüttel" <dilfridge@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: Ryan Hill <rhill@g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: games.eclass policy
Date: Sat, 20 Feb 2016 17:13:48
1 Am Samstag, 20. Februar 2016, 02:25:08 schrieb Ryan Hill:
2 > >
3 > > Good for you. So... ignoring majority is fine as long as you can prove
4 > > that they don't ignore one of their old fellows. Good.
5 >
6 > I have never had a problem talking to the games team, and I suspect the
7 > same is true for anyone who isn't just communicating with them to push
8 > their agenda.
9
10 Sadly that seems to be the case only for a select few.
11
12 I have never had any interest in games, but was in the past downright ignored
13 with respect to sensible, useful, more and more urgent and while at first
14 nice, polite, and respectful, later more and more forthright e-mails and other
15 communication attempts regarding other aspects of gentoo. There's a certain
16 overlap of persons with the games team involved.
17
18 If you're part of a community you're expected to cooperate with the community
19 (and stick to the rules of the community, but that's a different issue).
20
21 If you try to ignore everyone with a differing opinion and push your will
22 through by just doing whatever you want, at some point you'll be so much in
23 the minority that your opinion doesnt count anymore.
26 Andreas K. Hüttel
27 Gentoo Linux developer (council, perl, libreoffice)
28 dilfridge@g.o
29 http://www.akhuettel.de/