From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Candidates for global USE flags
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 09:34:20
1 Ulrich Mueller posted on Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:37:38 +0200 as excerpted:
2
3 > 29 webkit
4
5 I've run into problems with this one, and think it should be split. At
6 minimum, there's qt-webkit and webkit-gtk. As a kde user I want qt-webkit
7 but for instance, the gimp pulls in webkit-gtk if USE=webkit is set
8 globally, which I do NOT want, especially since one of /its/ pulled-in
9 dependencies appears to be the libproxy that was giving kde users so many
10 problems at one point. (I don't know if it still does as I don't have it
11 installed, but that bug DEFINITELY has me steering a WIDE path around
12 libproxy.)
13
14 So IMO this one should really be split into webkit-qt and webkit-gtk or
15 some such, since it's really referring to two (at least) different things.
20 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman