From: Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: RFC: Enable FEATURES=config-protect-if-modified by default?
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 09:37:42
1 On 2012-05-16 12:13 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
2 >>> make.conf(5) man page:
3 >>> This causes the CONFIG_PROTECT behavior to be skipped for files that
4 >>> have not been modified since they were installed.
5 >
6 > +1 very good idea
7
8 Hmm, does that mean that when a default changes in (or some new setting
9 is added to) an app config file, I'll get no prompt and no warning
10 assuming I go with the default settings in the app? That presumes that
11 the new default or the new setting does not break my setup. That is a
12 big assumption.
13
14 Even if we go with enabling it by default, please have a news item so
15 that one can turn it off if necessary. Even then, new installs will
16 have to remember to turn it off.
19 Eray Aslan <eras@g.o>