From: "Sean P. Kane" <spkane@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-dev] new gentoo linux sources
Date: Fri, 03 May 2002 13:12:55
1 I had a similar mouse problem and realized I was missing one important
2 kernel setting:
3
4 Under USB make sure you have:
5
6 "HID Input Layer Support" enabled
7
8 Of course, USB must be enabled plus
9
10 "Input Core Support" and "Mouse" under there.
11
12 Hope this helps (and you haven't done what I keep doing which is
13 forgetting to mount /boot before I copy the new kernel over
14 there...grin...)
15
16 Sean
19 -----Original Message-----
20 From: Robin Parker [mailto:rparker@××××××××.com]
21 Sent: Friday, May 03, 2002 10:09
22 To: gentoo-dev@g.o
23 Subject: [gentoo-dev] new gentoo linux sources
26 Hi all,
27
28 I have tried to get this to work
29
30 First I tried switching on nearly all the new stuff, except the stuff I
31 obviously was never going to use.
32
33 X refused to start, all I got was a blank screen.
34
35 Then I tried using my 2.4.19 config with preempt and the low latency
36 scheduling.
37
38 Now my USB mouse refuses to work and I have 'funny' messages in my
39 startup.
40
41 I have attached the output of dmesg.
42