From: Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Downgrading glibc?
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 17:15:14
1 On 02/16/2011 11:06 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > So I'm fine with Gentoo shipping vanilla memcpy, I'm just curious
3 > if next RHEL will do.
4
5 I'd be surprised as hell to find out Red Hat changed this in current
6 RHELs (5 and 6) during their lifetime. On the other hand I'd be equally
7 surprised if Red Hat wouldn't use upstream implementation in future
8 products. If Fedora is any example, they will keep upstream
9 implementation. Also RHEL 6 is still pretty fresh, so there are quite a
10 few years until RHEL 6.0 goes EOL so software vendors have time to fix
11 their problems :-)
14 Stanislav Ochotnicky
15
16 PGP: 7B087241