From: Scott J Garner <mrfab@×××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] ebuild requiring user input
Date: Sun, 19 May 2002 11:36:58
1 This may have been addressed at some point, but I
2 couldn't find a specific answer...
3
4 What is the prefered way to handle an ebuild for
5 software that requires some kind of user input to
6 configure and compile?
7
8 The package I am dealing with specifically is
9 lirc. The recommended method for configuring it
10 is to run a dialog based config util which
11 generates the proper ./configure options. This
12 could be skipped, but some of the options are very
13 hardware specific.
14
15 I'm guessing that the prefered way is to go for
16 no user interaction during the merge--which is
17 possible, but runs the risk of eliminating support
18 for some hardware.
21 Any hints? I was thinking of defaulting to the
22 generic version but allowing for the interactive
23 configure via a shell variable...something like:
24
25 MANUAL_CONFIG=1 emerge lirc
28 Thanks in advance.
31 - Scott J Garner -